Eastlink video on-demand

Discuss your Cable and Satellite Provider in here.
DenBen
VIP
VIP

Eastlink video on-demand

Post by DenBen » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Has anyone out there tried using the On Demand feature in the 3 days and had problems with it like menus not coming up and locking up your box. I'm also getting "unable to process" errors out of the blue when I do get to watch something. EL keeps saying on FB and Twitter to call them when it happens but my DVR is recording stuff and I don't want to have my recordings messed up.

Just want to know if anyone else is affected.

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:35 am

No. There is nothing worth watching on demand.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 am

I've powercycled (unplugged and replugged) my box at least two times since it happened. I have another box in the bedroom and the menu won't appear there too. Sometimes, on both boxes, it can appear within a second, sometimes it takes 5 to 10 seconds. It's annoying and I know I need to call them to get it figured out but am trying to avoid getting my box swapped or having to be home so someone comes over for what I think would be no reason since everything else works A1 and I don't have channels freezing or dropping when watching channels.

An analog tv is your ordinary basic set that are no longer made, like your old one. It only receives channels that are sent the old fashioned way, in analog.

A digital set is one that can receive digital signals over-the-air if you have an antenna connected to it and digital TV signals are available in the area.

It has more to do with how it processes the signals it receives through an antenna, cable box, DVD player or even a computer. Analog is susceptible to "snow", interference, electrical noise and can give you an OK picture but isn't a very sharp one.

Digital is cleaner and can deliver a sharper picture and can offer a much higher resolution especially with High-Definition content.

It's like analog is vinyl, 8-track and cassette and digital would be CDs or MP3s.

As for things connected to the TV, it could be:
Analog --> RCA-type connections like the yellow cord (Composite), S-video and even component connection (Red-Green-Blue for video. Each style of connection requires separate audio cables for sound delivery. For your computer, the 15-pin VGA cable (usually blue ends) is also analog

Digital --> DVI video cable (usually white connectors, your computer may be connected to your monitor using this type of connection too) or HDMI (looks kind of like a USB connection but is flatter and a bit wider. Only HDMI can transmit audio over the same cable to your TV and both video and audio are sent digitally. For DVI, you will also need separate audio cables but the sound would be sent to your TV in analog form with DVI.

EastLink has a good guide on cables and what they can do too.http://www.myeastlink.ca/CustomerSuppor ... ables.aspx

Gee, I hope I didn't confuse you even more and at least answered some of your questions.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:44 am

JohnW wrote:No. There is nothing worth watching on demand.
What the heck are you doing up at this hour?

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:01 am

Insomnia. [die

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 am

Drink any coffee this evening? Maybe time for Decaf....

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post by Budgetman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 am

if she uses dvi to go to the tv, she possibly could use the toslink or s/pdif connectors to get pure digital however those have limits if the speakers are capable of dolby sounds.
[watch
ImageI say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [omg

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 am

True, if her audio receiver can support it and her cable box supports it since I don't know which box she has. It may just be two speakers connected to the back of the TV as extra speakers. [think

Social Media