Major retailer for downtown

Where you buy and why?
JohnW

Major retailer for downtown

Post by JohnW » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:34 pm

I find it hard to believe our downtown will ever attract a major retailer.

What are your opinions?

Kramer
Donator
Donator

Re: Major retailer for downtown

Post by Kramer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:38 pm

What do you consider major?

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Not sure. Perhaps a national big name store? I can't even think of an example at the moment.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Downtown has a "Brick" store.

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Kegan wrote:There's not the room/building anymore for a big retail store. The biggest building left now is the old T&H/Bucs building on Third.

There's also another business closing in downtown - Joanne's Art Centre on Pine. I have heard that she will continue her picture framing business... not sure where, possibly from her home.

People complain that downtown Timmins is dead..... the dynamics have changed... it's not the big 'clothing area' anymore so less traffic. It's doctors, lawyers, etc. And this has happened all over the country. There are probably more vacant stores in the Timmins Square than there are in downtown Timmins....
[like

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post by Budgetman » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:30 pm

The brick isn't even a store. Al the brick stores down south let you take your item home the same day. This one i am estimating that they only "carry" 25% of the items that they have in their showroom or even online. Generally you have to wait a week. Sure I can understand not having Appliances on hand as even future shop or home depot doesn't keep that in stock. But when you go in for a tv and entertainment center and can't even go home with the tv or the flat in box entertainment center, why even bother, when you can go to walmart for both.
[watch
ImageI say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [omg

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm

We have our very efficient welcoming committee (meter maids), we have our beautiful garbage wrapped street lights, our inviting white decks at each corner with the welcoming words "Danger",. To add to your pleasant experience, in the summer months we have tables and chairs blocking traffic on Third between Cedar & Pine, not to mention the countless road repair blockades with no workers in sight for weeks. These many detours encourage people to visit our many filthy lane-ways, and admire the graffiti of our local talented artists...Oh, and if you want entertainment, stick around after hours to see cultural diversity and unique characters...What more can you ask for? Bazinga!
~DT Business Owner

[laff

Social Media