The Plus Factor moving to Timmins Square

Where you buy and why?
JohnW

Post by JohnW » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:46 am

Ouchies, their rent probably just tripled.

May 1st will mark the store’s three-year anniversary since opening on Third Avenue in Timmins.

That date also marks a significant change.

The Plus Factor is moving from the downtown to the Timmins Square and is set to open at its new location on May 1.

“In the last three years, the downtown has proven we have a business, we’ve got a good business plan, we’re doing well here and we thank the community for that support,” said Audette. “But I believe the Timmins Square will definitely help give us more exposure, more parking, more customer base, and a chance to tap into a wider demographic.”

http://www.timminspress.com/2015/04/29/ ... ins-square

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:17 am

You'd be surprised what some places charge for rent downtown. Where were they downtown?

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:34 am

Yes they were, there can't be too many places downtown in the $35-$45 per square foot range.

toaster

Post by toaster » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:20 pm

The Square must be lowering its rent. It looks like the mall is now almost half empty, and it seems more and more just keep leaving.

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:57 pm

The 101 Mall is an office building now. IMO of course.

Captain Steubings
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Captain Steubings » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:10 pm

I've only been in the 101 Mall once to look for someone - is there actually anything in there?

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:49 pm

toaster wrote:The Square must be lowering its rent. It looks like the mall is now almost half empty, and it seems more and more just keep leaving.

I'm surprised that there aren't that many smaller stores popping up around the parking lots in the newer developments. There is quite a bit of room around the Home Depot/Cdn Tire area. There will be a couple new stores by Giant Tiger it seems. Maybe the square isn't as bad as some think...

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Kegan wrote:DenBen......... they were right next to Tweed and Hickory - south side of Third Ave.
Thank you, Kegan. I don't recall it and I worked nearly kitty-corner to it but it has been 6 months since leaving. *looking at the calendar* Huh. Exactly 6 months.

Social Media