Sony Entertainment Network on PlayStation 4 facing serious issues

PlayStation and so on
Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:04 pm

It's the PlayStation 4's launch day, but with the next-gen's increased online capabilities comes a trade-off. Today that may be more apparent than ever as Sony's Entertainment Network is facing severe issues and is, in part, down.

New PlayStation 4 owners are able to download the 1.5 patch only to find they cannot login to their PlayStation account, and users already logged in are discovering assorted errors of their own.

What's worst of all, however, is Sony's complete lack of recognition over the troubles. All of their social media accounts make no message of the troubles at hand an only after searching specifically for the Sony Entertainment Network's status does the following message appear: [INDENT]
"We are aware that many customers are experiencing connection issues and are currently working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience caused."
[/INDENT] In addition, the "Service Status" icon and the entire status page is limned in red, a universal symbol for the service being down. However nowhere that I can find makes mention of the distinct service status or when it will be up in full again.

As for myself, I receive a number of errors trying to login. The error that's most clear states that the Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance (NP-35000-8). Other messages include "Cannot Connect" or "An Error Has Occurred" messages.

Again, no further information has been provided. Until Sony actually comes out and says something PlayStation 4 owners may be locked out of many services without knowing when things will be fixed.

The worst error I've gotten isn't even an error at all, it's just a spinning circle that lasts endlessly with the message, "Please Wait...". That may how many PlayStation 4 owners remember their first day with the console. Hundreds of dollars spent and no knowledge of when things will be fixed. Please wait.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/24165-son ... in-errors/

JohnW

Post by JohnW » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:09 pm

No. No. No. Noooooooo.

Oh wait. Meh.

PastaPrince

Post by PastaPrince » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Damn I just don't care not even a little. Lost my interest in video games after colecovision. Quite a while ago.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Colecovision?!? That's dating yourself. [snicker

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Now that's old. [snicker

PastaPrince

Post by PastaPrince » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:10 am

Xmas gift for my kids 1980 or so. We would put them to bed and play for a couple of hrs every night. Think by xmas we had already wore out a set of controllers. It was a hard game on controllers. We sure had a lot of fun with it.

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:20 am

[like

Social Media