The Mayor and Elected Officals can

respond here.............

Forum rules
bob.burey
starter
starter

4 Wards with 2 councillor per ward

Post #1 by bob.burey » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:18 am

The debate to reorganize City council in order to have effective representation can be achieved if we the voting public adopt a 4 ward system with 2 councillors per ward.

The main advantage is you would have a more collaborative approach to issues. The second advantage over time you will have a natural turn over of elected officials. It is normal to rate one more effective over the other and exercise your 2nd vote for a new face.

A ward system for our city is still paramount, in order to have all regions represented at the table.

Hopefully our current elected representatives are willing to give this suggestion a review.

Loco101

Post #2 by Loco101 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:36 pm

I have seen that work well in some other cities and it would be a definite improvement over the status quo!

JosephMcCarthy

Post #3 by JosephMcCarthy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:56 am

I don't believe two per ward is the solution. Someone who doesn't finish in first place should not win... you lost!

My preference is restructure the wards completely or go to a ranked ballot in which case I could agree with the results.

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #4 by Budgetman » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:41 am

1 per ward. none of this bs that if one ward is bigger than the other it gets more councilors.
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [panic

Social Media

Return to “City Hall Responds”