The Steve Black "To Do List" -tT official thread

The Mayor and Elected Officals can

respond here.............

Forum rules
Mr. Rogers

The Steve Black "To Do List" -tT official thread

Post #1 by Mr. Rogers » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:26 pm

[b]This is where we will put any issues that you would like Steve Black to look into. For now, lets leave Steve catch is breath before bombarding him with issues.[/b]

[img]http://www.ladbrokeradio.com/todo.jpg[/img]

Loco101

Post #2 by Loco101 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:47 am

He officially becomes a councillor I believe on December 1st. The current council still has another meeting or two before the new one is sworn in. It is a "lame-duck" month for a few of them including Billy G.

Captain Steubings
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post #3 by Captain Steubings » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 am

[quote="Loco101"]He officially becomes a councillor I believe on December 1st. The current council still has another meeting or two before the new one is sworn in. It is a "lame-duck" month for a few of them including Billy G.[/quote]

didn't he have a lame-duck term

Loco101

Post #4 by Loco101 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 am

I knew that would be the first comment made but I do agree with it!

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #5 by Steve B. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:13 am

Haha thanks Riskynet. Will make sure to check here often. And thanks for asking for some time to get my feet wet....or at least back in the country lol. Look forward to getting feedback and providing info via here over the next 4 years. And you can tell things how they are I won't get upset....Criticism can be beneficial as long as it is constructive...the rest I will take with a grain of salt lol. Thanks again for your support and looking forward to the next 4 years.

oneyedmac
Beginner
Beginner

Post #6 by oneyedmac » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 am

Congratulations Steve. In an open vote system versus a ward system you would have had my vote as well. I look forward to you and the other new comers to council to challenge (positive) the old think in council and the administration to start some of the change needed.

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #7 by Steve B. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 am

Thanks, I look forward to the challenges. Could do without the $4 million shortfall in the budget for my first year in politics but will see how that goes once we get started.

PeeverJ21

Post #8 by PeeverJ21 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Im sure something can go into the xstrata facility, they have everything there, and even the resouces underground. they should fight for that facility!!
Jordan D. Peever

Red Squirrel

Post #9 by Red Squirrel » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Should we have a separate thread for potholes that need to be fixed, or do I just list them all here?

(just kidding)

Congrats Steve!
[img]http://www.iceteks.com/misc/sig/redsquirrel.jpg[/img]

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #10 by Steve B. » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks, am back in Timmins now. Have a few things to do this week but things shouldn't get too busy until the end of the month as we approach the first meeting of the new council.

janisjuris

Post #11 by janisjuris » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Steve, as an engineer, perhaps one thing you can do to stop the embarrassment of Timmins residents is to get the city to have the mayor's letter of reccommendation for those stupid magnets removed from the internet.

[url=http://www.gmxcanada.ca/testimonials.html]GMX Canada - Magnetic fluid conditioning products[/url]

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #12 by Steve B. » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 pm

lol not exactly in my field of engineering ... but will ask what the current status is since that letter of reccommendation is from August of 2009. Although since it was given not sure we would have any say in having it removed. But if GMX installations are your biggest concern I am going to like this to do list lol. Honestly I know nothing about them other then what I just read on that website but will ask Tom what the current status of the project is....Will go to bed and have a good sleep knowing this is the biggest concern so far [woohoo

As for the potholes....they will prove much more of a challenge. Anyone got any ideas for stopping the cold weather from coming...might help? Hopefully is something we can do to improve our road conditions or at least address the problems quicker but is going to require alot of research into what other communities in the north are doing to combat this and what success levels they are having. I know I got about 20 requests today to look into potholes and bumpy roads lol.

Good night.

janisjuris

Post #13 by janisjuris » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Just caught the last part of a Channel 3 news item interviewing Steve- Great looking family there Steve. I was impressed again. They even mentioned and showed a quick flash of the TalkTimmins thread with the t0-do list on it.Go get them!!!!!

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #14 by Steve B. » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:56 pm

Thanks, it was a nice piece they put together...the flash of TalkTimmins and my facebook group was a suprise to me too lol. Hopefully attracts some new members to each.

Loco101

Post #15 by Loco101 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 am

I saw it as well. Very nice.

PeeverJ21

Post #16 by PeeverJ21 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:26 pm

is there still another council meeting with the old council? and when is the new council officially take over??
Jordan D. Peever

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #17 by Steve B. » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:47 pm

As far as I know they still have one meeting left. Our first meeting to get sworn in will be on December 6th. Lots of other meetings to meet managers and department heads and get introduced to the structure of the city upcoming too but the first actual council meeting is the one on the 6th. The first committee of the whole meeting should follow that shortly.

PeeverJ21

Post #18 by PeeverJ21 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Ok thanks.
Jordan D. Peever

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #19 by Steve B. » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Sorry haven't been on here lately. Had to go out of town last week for personal reasons. Had our first orientation meeting this week and a couple more upcoming to get us newbies up to speed.

janisjuris

Post #20 by janisjuris » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 pm

You can watch the last meeting on the City's archived live broadcasts and see that administration runs the city, not council. (With the mayor's approval, apparently). Would be nice to see that the taxpayers actually have some sort of say as to where tax money is spent. First recommendation- make the CAO, chief planning department head, and chief engineers jobs open for review every year.

One of the most frustrating aspects of the 'OLD COUNCIL'S" last meeting was that virtually every councillor said- "I think the administration was wrong in approving this tender without council approval, but I will be voting in favor of the resolution anyway" If I ever hear that coming from your lips or Lever's, I will do my best to have you thrown out, hopefully will never happen.

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #21 by Steve B. » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Can you let me get sworn in before you try to get me thrown out [notes .

I like the mix of people we have on council and I think there will be some different opinions than what people are used to seeing at the table, however I can only speak for myself on your suggestion and I don't think making those 3 positions open every year would help in any way. They are far too critical to the opeartion of the city to not have stability and experience. Also those 3 individuals put in a lot of good hard work, unfortunately the controversial items get far more attention than most of the good ones. Is everything perfect, never is. Should things be more open, I campaigned on it so my stance is clear there. But would having those 3 positions change or open every year help. Absolutelly not.

It is clear the people in the City of Timmins wanted some change and voted accordingly bringing in 4 new members to council. I hope that I do my best in the next 4 years to help address that. The true measure will be whether you and others vote for me again in 4 years time. Hopefully I conduct myself in a manner that supports that and lives up to the expectations that exist. I said to myself during this campaign that total success won't be getting elected, it will be earning the respect and support if elected this time to seek another term if desired.

Loco101

Post #22 by Loco101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:24 am

[gp

I like your attitude.

I live in Melrose which of course is part of Ward 5 and have some issues about road safety and signage. What would be the best way to contact you sometime in the near future?

janisjuris

Post #23 by janisjuris » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 am

I just think it is totally inane for a politician to say that they will be voting in favor of something that they are totally opposed to. That is the type of thing that leads people to believe"they're all alike" . You were elected because of your opinions as to what changes should be made and how council is to be run, not to be another puppet of administration. Will the new council be at the opening of the new Transit station or is the old council going to make their final appearance there? (Is there going to be an official opening?)

guylamarche
2nd Level Gold
2nd Level Gold

Post #24 by guylamarche » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:03 pm

official opening this spring

Steve B.
3rd Level Gold
3rd Level Gold

Post #25 by Steve B. » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks for answering that one Guy,

Loco you can email me at [email]steve_black17@hotmail.com.....goin[/email]g to get signed on at city hall tomorrow so I can officially get my timmins.ca email account but until then you can reach me at that one. If you want to discuss something in person or on the phone send me an email and I will get back to you to make arrangements.

Thanks.

Social Media

Return to “City Hall Responds”