Grocery Stores in Timmins

Use this section for Items that may or may not be entirely accurate!
Loco101

Grocery Stores in Timmins

Post by Loco101 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Just to continue from another thread....

As I wrote before, I've heard the same thing about No Frills closing or leaving the square. But I only heard it from someone who is friends with someone who works there. Not exactly reliable. And I've heard rumours of No Frills undergoing renovations in the near future. So who knows...

With our population declining, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a grocery store to two closes over the next year or two. It will happen in a shrinking market. I would be okay with fewer grocery stores if we had bigger and better ones with more interesting selections. I think we are at a high point right now so for the record I will post the current ones and let's see where we are in the future:

Dailey's Your Independent Grocer
No Frills
Lévis Foodland
Pick of the Crop
Metro (Timmins)
Metro (Porcupine Mall)
Food Basics
Walmart

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Re: Grocery Stores in Timmins

Post by DenBen » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:43 pm

Is Pick of the Crop really a grocery store though? [think

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:15 pm

I think so.

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Pick of the Crop is a grocery store for sure. Small but it carries many varieties of foods. I know some people who buy their food only there.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:24 am

At first, I didn't think of it as one. Then I started to think about the small specialty places around here, that carry lots of food items with meat counters, large varities of produce and other items. We have all kinds aimed to European tastes, Asian, Middle Eastern, Carribean among other segments of the population along with "regular" ones and there are a number of those too along with the Metro, Food Basics, Real Canadian Superstore, Freshco, Zehrs, Sobeys and Walmart and multiple locations of most of those. We even have a "Box by No Frills" store. It's like a "no frills" version of No Frills. LOL There are only two stores in Canada, the other being in Calgary. Heck, even Costco could count for us.

So I guess POTC would count. All we ever bought there was produce. No doubt they had the best in town. It might have been a bit more $, but well worth it in size and quality.

Social Media