Junior B hockey is coming to Smooth Rock Falls

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Thu May 28, 2015 10:37 pm

Junior B hockey is coming to Smooth Rock Falls and will be part of the NOHA Thunder Bay Junior B League. The SRF's team will be the Junior B hockey affiliate team to the Cochrane Crunch Jr A Hockey Club. This is exciting news for this small town and me hopes that it will be a success. Not all official yet but soon to be announce. Also these are the three choices flying around for the team name :

Smooth Rock Falls Thunder

Smooth Rock Falls Lightning

Smooth Rock Falls River Rats

[woot

Brashz
2nd Level Gold
2nd Level Gold

Post by Brashz » Thu May 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Looks like we will have all kinds of hockey going on in and around our area!

Captain Steubings
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Captain Steubings » Fri May 29, 2015 9:40 am

Not Smooth Rock Rock?

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Fri May 29, 2015 1:54 pm

How about Smooth Rocks?

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Wow It's official, Junior B Hockey in Smooth Rock Falls.... here's the message from Ryan Leonard.

Great news hockey fans..... I Should say exciting news we just got done our conference call and a little give and take was needed for us to join the Thunder Bay Junior B Hockey League. We have been approved by all owners and teams and we will have Junior B Hockey in Smooth Rock Falls next year! The team will be known as the Smooth Rock Falls Thunder.

We will play in a 34 game schedule 17 home and 17 away. This means you will have 6 full weekends of Junior Hockey in Smooth Rock and we will have 6 full weekends of Junior Hockey on the Road....

Teams

Schreiber Falcons
Nipigon Elks
Thunder Bay Stars
Northern Hawks
Thunder Bay - New team also waiting for name
Thunder Bay Kings Major Midgets
Smooth Rock Falls Thunder

The standing will only consist of 6 teams the Thunder Bay Kings Major Midgets do not qualify for our playoffs. We will only play them 2 home and 2 away. We will play the rest of the league 3 home and 3 away.

Top 4 teams in regular season make playoffs 1st round being best of 5 and championship round is best of 7. During playoffs we will be responsible to take care of visiting teams lodging this is where the give and take comes in as they wanted us to play all our playoffs up there. which I understand but it all worked out. Season will start weekend after Thanksgiving and finish last weekend of February. No games between Dec 17th to Jan 8th and no games on Super Bowl weekend Feb 7th.

The winner of playoffs will then go play for what is called the Keystone Cup which is the Western Canada Junior B Championship! This will be played next year in Regina, Sask

We will hold a Information session/press conference some time next week with all details once we finalize some last minute finishing touches.

We will be looking for many volunteers and helps with in the community!

We already have been out and recruiting the last couple weeks.

Thunderstruck!

Brashz
2nd Level Gold
2nd Level Gold

Post by Brashz » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 pm

[yup

It's not as exciting but my son will be playing for the Timmins Eagles Bantam AAA hockey team. Their home arena will be the Sportsplex this year. He was one of 9 players signed after tryouts in April.

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 pm

[gp

Brashz
2nd Level Gold
2nd Level Gold

Post by Brashz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:09 am

[2money [cry Sometimes I think we are [cuckoo but it's worth it in the end. We always know where he is. We know his friends and their parents/siblings. It's a huge commitment but this year my boy will be on the team bus for away games so if for some reason I can't make it, he can still go.

Social Media