OPP investigating "hit list" allegations

Riskynet

OPP investigating "hit list" allegations

Post by Riskynet » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Allegations that a Gr. 9 Cité des Jeunes student had comprised a “hit list” of sorts, listing a number of names along with descriptions of how he would dispose of those people, is currently under investigation by the Kapuskasing OPP.

“It is an ongoing investigation, so we really can’t divulge any details at this time,” said James Bay OPP Detachment Area Commander Inspector Mike Demeules. “There is nothing before the courts at this moment but when there is, it will be public information.”

“This investigation involves several groups within the community,” he continued. “They are currently working collaboratively on this issue. It’s a very delicate situation, which has to be handled the right way and that’s what we’re trying to do. We’re trying to weed everything out to find out what’s happened and to make things right again. We’re focused on getting people back on track with regards to this situation rather than simply focusing on the bad.”

“What I can say is that collectively… we got it at the right time,” said Demeules. “Now it’s time to start helping. We’re devising a plan and we’re going to put it all together and move forward but we’re proceeding cautiously.”

Demeules did confirm that alleged intended victims were notified of the situation.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the OPP or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

The Times will continue to follow up on this story as it develops.

http://www.kapuskasingtimes.com/2014/12 ... llegations

JohnW

Re: OPP investigating "hit list" allegations

Post by JohnW » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh my.

Riskynet

Re: OPP investigating "hit list" allegations

Post by Riskynet » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Yep, I guess a bucket list isn't cool enough.

Social Media