Timmins Transit ~ Calling the stops

Transit topics
Forum rules
digger
2nd Level Gold
2nd Level Gold

Post #26 by digger » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:31 pm

I dont know much about the different buses but common would say that young kids should sit with an adult but I dont

know if a rule applies to this

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #27 by Budgetman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:45 pm

its the parents godamn responsibility to maintain their childs safety at all times... when are these godamn pitiful excuses for parents going to realize its not the bus drivers or societies responsibility... esp... these women that don't work sit at home for their welfare checks... don't say it doesn't happen those are the worst offenders of parenting... blaming society for their accidents when they werent paying attention to their most likely illegetimate kids
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [panic

JohnW

Post #28 by JohnW » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 pm

A pet peeve for me here, people seem to forget they are in a moving vehicle when on the buses. Hold on peeps.

Kegan

Post #29 by Kegan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 pm

[font=Arial][color=navy]Burnsie.....when you were there were their any rules about kids under a certain age being held by an adult or sitting beside an adult?[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]Maybe they should put BIG signs on the buses that children must be at all times under the control suprvision and safety of an adult.....or something like that.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]That incident with the baby sliding out of the carrier was scary. She could have been bady hurt. And I still don't think it was the drivers fault.[/color][/font]

JohnW

Post #30 by JohnW » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 pm

Lots of rules regarding that. 1 that comes to mind, which I believe is still in effect and ignored, is that children are to be removed from strollers and said strollers folded.

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #31 by Budgetman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 pm

[quote="Kegan"][font=Arial][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]That incident with the baby sliding out of the carrier was scary. She could have been bady hurt. And I still don't think it was the drivers fault.[/color][/font][/quote]

NO its the parent/guardians fault that baby SHOULD/COULD have been in the stroller better. GOD this world sucks when you can neglect to fasten your child in and blame someone else!
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal

Kegan

Post #32 by Kegan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:25 pm

[quote="Mr. Burns"]Lots of rules regarding that. 1 that comes to mind, which I believe is still in effect and ignored, is that children are to be removed from strollers and said strollers folded.[/quote]
[font=Arial][color=navy]Well......I think as a frequent passenger, I will look into this......ask the powers that be. I have a real thing about strollers. While I don't really have a problem with them being on buses, they are ALWAYS parked right at the front of the bus, taking up empty seats and I'm tired of tripping over them trying to get to my seat. If they aren't going to be folded up then move further back so people can get on. But I'm more in favour of folding them up.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]Time to write the new head of Transit..... [bully [/color][/font]

Sweetthing
Expert Level
Expert Level

Post #33 by Sweetthing » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:17 pm

There are definitely safety straps in that carrier.. It is the same type my daughter has.. People aren't smart enough to do them up figuring that the child is too small to slide itself out.. Well in that case the mother is at fault and was not using her head... Melissa and I get on the bus with Brooke-Lynne and we have her stroller with us but she is not left in that stroller as I remember it was a rule they had to be taken out.. Not only for the safety of the child but for the safety of others boarding on the bus.. Those big strollers when left open take up a lot of space in the aisles.. Apparently people are even allowed on with bikes provided they are at the back with their bike.. Which I still think should not be allowed.

I agree with Dr. Evil.. There are a lot of irresponsible young parents out there but I've seen alot of irresponsible older parents out there as well.. They are clueless...

I also wanted to mention that even though Brooke-Lynnes stroller is folder we still move to the back seats where we aren't in the way..

Captain Steubings
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post #34 by Captain Steubings » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:26 pm

I always watch my son and sit with him on the bus. I remember one time some idiot ran a stop sign and the bus had to brake suddenly....good thing i hold him!

Also, as for the announcements - they can actually get automated systems that announce the stops, but it probably costs alot and requires GPS.

But maybe Timmins Transit has some money to spend as I see on their site:

"The City of Timmins is planning to acquire, subject to Council’s approval, a total of eight (8) low floor transit buses over the next five (5) years."

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #35 by Budgetman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:31 pm

its not the fact they want to buy new buses THEY HAVE to they have to be 100% by 2013 i think and right now they have 8 buses that don't comply with the accessible rules 34 42 75 76 78 84 87 and 88 all have steps they have to be gone by 2013 no ifs ands or buts blame the ndp or tory governments who made the law
[watch

sexymuffin
starter
starter

Post #36 by sexymuffin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Someone in some forum spoke about "Young mothers" and their strollers. As a young mother of THREE Children, it is very hard to fold up the stroller, carry a carseat, the stroller and have control of your 2 other kids. It may be inconvienient to you, but It's hard enough to take a bus with 3 kids that making us get to the back is difficult. So take a minute, quit thinking of yourself and think about how hard it is for a young single mother to get things done with no vehicule. And consider that it's very difficult for a mother of more then one with a young little baby, to get things done. I've spoke my piece. Leave the "Young mothers" out of your bus talk. Young or Old we are all the same. To the person who sent the first message about strollers on the bus (i can't seem to find that thread now that i've signed up), try being a young mom. It's not as easy as it looks.

sexymuffin
starter
starter

Post #37 by sexymuffin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Just wanted to add. when the child is old enough to get out of the stroller, then sure. But NOBODY expect me to take my 4 month old out when I already need to make sure my toddlers sit on the bus. If your tired of tripping over people, get a car!

JohnW

Post #38 by JohnW » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:22 pm

It's a safety issue for the children however.

Sweetthing
Expert Level
Expert Level

Post #39 by Sweetthing » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Sexymuffin I don't know if you realize this but bus drivers are supposed to inform people with strollers to sit at the back seats.. Imagine an elderly person getting on that bus and tripping over a wheel or someone viually impaired??? Who's at fault then. No it won't be the mother of the small child but it would be the driver at fault... My children are only 12 months apart and I managed... I had one in a carrier strapped to my chest and the other I took by the hand.. A lot of times I had 3 on the bus with me and I still managed...

janisjuris

Post #40 by janisjuris » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Don't want to seem anti-motherhood, but the normal speed of buses is 50 Km/Hr. If the driver has to make a panic stop, the stroller will hit the front of the bus at 50 KM/Hr or thirty miles per hour. This is the equivalent of dropping your child off a building several stories high. Is this proper parenting???

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #41 by Budgetman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 pm

[censor
[watch

JohnW

Post #42 by JohnW » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 pm

She is entitled to her viewpoint.

The rule regarding strollers is in place for everyones safety ...

Foto_Gal
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post #43 by Foto_Gal » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:11 pm

My little opinion, the strollers now a days are soooooooo big, geeees,

when my two were young, and I went on a bus, it was with an umbrolla stroller,

my daughter has one of these big suckers for her baby, and its way too big,

I don't like it at all. Don't see the reasoning behind this size actually, IMHO.

In stores, buses or anywhere, actually the other day I was at GIlles Lake and a gal

was trying to manouver one of the big ones, and it just seems like too much work, she

was not impressed even, trying to get by people etc.
[font=Book Antiqua][color=red][color=red][b]I'm a Happy Snapper!![/b][/color][/color][/font]

[center][i][font=Georgia][color=black]Please use caution when submitting posts in which you name names.[/color][/font][/i][/center]

[center][i][font=Georgia][color=black]False or misleading information can lead to legal issues and any posts that are not backed up with facts will likely be deleted for everyones protection.[/color][/font][/i][/center]

Kegan

Post #44 by Kegan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:42 pm

[font=Arial][color=navy]Sexymuffin....if you say young or old, you are all alike....then maybe you should start thinking about the elderly.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]I was taking the bus up to the hospital today and a mother got on at the terminal with two young ones - (second time I've seen her this week)....one in the stroller and another in a baby carrier that attached at the other end. The thing was huge! She sat right at the front. Then two elderly ladies with canes got on the bus and had a [b]VERY[/b] difficult time trying to get past the stroller. If the mother had moved further back on the bus there wouldn't have been problem.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]Part of the blame lies with the drivers for not enforcing this.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]If you want people to have consideration for you trying to handle three young children on a bus, then maybe you should start having a little consideration for others.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000080]Oh...and by the way.....you aren't the only person who can't afford a car.[/color][/font]

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #45 by Budgetman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:06 pm

thats what i meant to say kegan... damn you are better at wording things
[watch

Sweetthing
Expert Level
Expert Level

Post #46 by Sweetthing » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Well put Kegan...

I guess young people just don't have consideration for the elderly nowadays and some drivers need to learn to speak up...

What happened to the mouthy drivers that used to exist.. What I mean is the ones that weren't afraid to say anything..LOL..

Like JP, well little debbie is still there, but just not enough ones to speak up.. Maybe this should be something that should be brought to city halls attention??

JohnW

Post #47 by JohnW » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 pm

[quote]What happened to the mouthy drivers that used to exist..[/quote]

he he he

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #48 by Budgetman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:34 pm

[quote="Sweetthing"]Well put Kegan...

I guess young people just don't have consideration for the elderly nowadays and some drivers need to learn to speak up...

What happened to the mouthy drivers that used to exist.. What I mean is the ones that weren't afraid to say anything..LOL..

Like JP, well little debbie is still there, but just not enough ones to speak up.. Maybe this should be something that should be brought to city halls attention??[/quote]

no consideration for anyone and demand it only for themselves it seems... being politically correct prevents me from speaking my true opinion of this [itchy
[watch

Quimby

Post #49 by Quimby » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:42 pm

people have been become more insensitive to everyone around them since the 60's. Thats why I drink.
[center]Diamond Joe Quimby[/center]

[center]________------_____[/center]

[center]Speaks from the heart[drunk[/center]

Sweetthing
Expert Level
Expert Level

Post #50 by Sweetthing » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:57 pm

[quote="Quimby"]people have been become more insensitive to everyone around them since the 60's. Thats why I drink.[/quote]

And drinking solves your problems/?LOL

Social Media

Return to “Timmins Transit”