DSBONE Makes Appointments

Local School Board and related Education and training issues
Forum rules
toaster

DSBONE Makes Appointments

Post #1 by toaster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 am

District School Board Ontario North East ( DSBONE ) is proud to announce the following staffing appointments for the 2013-2014 school year.

Rosemary Lessard, presently Vice-Principal at Timmins Centennial PS, be appointed Principal of Schumacher Public School, effective July 1, 2013

Lisa Yee, presently an Acting Principal at WE Miller PS, be appointed Vice-Principal at Timmins Centennial PS, effective July 1, 2013

Lee-Ann Wearing, currently on leave, returns to WE Miller PS as Principal, effective July 1, 2013

Patricia Chertow, currently Acting Vice-Principal at WE Miller PS, returns to WE Miller PS as acting Vice-Principal, effective July1, 2013-June 30, 2014

Mary-Ann Nielsen, currently Principal at Schumacher PS, be appointed Principal at FPK Whitney Public School, effective July 1, 2013

Jeremy Hall, currently Principal at Iroquois Falls Secondary School, be appointed as Vice-Principal at Timmins High and Vocational School, effective July 1, 2013

Greg Vincze, currently Vice-Principal at Timmins High and Vocational School, be appointed Principal of Timmins High and Vocational School, effective July 1, 2013

Sheila Siermachesky, currently Acting Vice-Principal at Timiskaming District Secondary School, has been re-appointed to her position for the 2013-2014 school year, effective July 1, 2013

Kristin Niemi, currently Principal of Iroquois Falls Public School, be appointed as Principal of Cochrane Public School, effective July 1, 2013

Danielle Delaurier, currently Vice Principal of Cochrane Public School, be appointed as Principal of Iroquois Falls Public School, effective July 1, 2013

Paul Langis, currently Vice Principal and Administrator of Student Success, be appointed as Principal of Iroquois Falls Secondary School, effective July 1, 2013

Jean Long, currently Acting Vice Principal of Iroquois Falls Secondary School, has been reappointed to the position for the 2013-2014 school year, effective July 1, 2013

A vacancy for Acting Vice Principal at Cochrane Public School will be posted

Three Principals within District School Board Ontario North East will be retiring this year, including: Barry Mulroney of Timmins High and Vocational School, Deb Jones of Frank P. Krznaric Whitney Public School, and Roy Takayesu of Cochrane Public School. “I thank Barry, Deb and Roy for their many years of service with the Board, and wish them well in their retirements,” says Director of Education, Linda Knight. “I look forward to working with all of our staff in their continuing and new assignments.”

[url=http://www.timminstoday.com/2013/06/06/dsbone-board-makes-appointments/]DSBONE - Board Makes Appointments | Timmins TodayTimmins Today[/url]

FrancoFun

Post #2 by FrancoFun » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:26 pm

[quote]

A vacancy for Acting Vice Principal at Cochrane Public School will be posted
[/quote]

John - Start updating your resume.

JohnW

Post #3 by JohnW » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Acting is not one of my talents, do you think they will accept singing?

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #4 by Budgetman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:31 pm

[bol
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [panic

toaster

Post #5 by toaster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Surprising that the new Principal of TH&VS, DBSONE's largest school, (Greg Vincze) does not have a Masters degree (as per his "OCT Find A Teacher" page). In this day in age it is often required. Allegedly.

Loco101

Post #6 by Loco101 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm

To become a principal a teacher has to complete the Principal's Qualification Program which means taking courses on becoming a Principal. A Masters is not required. It certainly helps to have it though. A lot of Principals I know have done their M. Ed. at a later date as it certainly helps if they wish to become a Superintendent.

FrancoFun

Post #7 by FrancoFun » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm not sure if I should congratulate Paul Langis for his promotion. He goes from being a VP at TH&VS to being a principal in Iroquois Falls, having to commute every day. I might have passed on that "promotion".

Carrie

Post #8 by Carrie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:58 pm

[quote="Loco101"]To become a principal a teacher has to complete the Principal's Qualification Program which means taking courses on becoming a Principal. A Masters is not required. It certainly helps to have it though. A lot of Principals I know have done their M. Ed. at a later date as it certainly helps if they wish to become a Superintendent.[/quote]

This is correct. Besides, he may be currently working towards completing it. Who knows.

Loco101

Post #9 by Loco101 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:56 pm

[quote="FrancoFun"]I'm not sure if I should congratulate Paul Langis for his promotion. He goes from being a VP at TH&VS to being a principal in Iroquois Falls, having to commute every day. I might have passed on that "promotion".[/quote]

I went to school with him for a few years. The drive is definitely not fun but he won't likely be Principal there forever.

toaster

Post #10 by toaster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 pm

[quote="FrancoFun"]I'm not sure if I should congratulate Paul Langis for his promotion. He goes from being a VP at TH&VS to being a principal in Iroquois Falls, having to commute every day. I might have passed on that "promotion".[/quote]

The article notes he was at the board office. I believe it has been a year or two since he was at TH&VS.

[quote="Carrie"]This is correct. Besides, he may be currently working towards completing it. Who knows.[/quote]
True. I did not consider that. Hopefully this is the case.

Carrie

Post #11 by Carrie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 am

New School Board Design..

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/249139_515711498476634_755722429_n.jpg[/img]

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post #12 by Budgetman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:25 am

[hmm looks familiar
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [panic

Social Media

Return to “Education”