respond here.............
Loco101

Grzela stepping down as Timmins councillor

Post by Loco101 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Alan S. Hale

By Alan S. Hale, The Daily Press

Thursday, December 15, 2016 3:19:12 EST PM

Councillor André Grzela announced on Thursday afternoon that he will be stepping down from the Timmins City Council effective Jan. 3.

The reason for Grzela's departure from the council is that he are relocating from Timmins to the Orleans district of Ottawa to open a hot tub store in that city with members of his family.

Grzela said he has been mulling over the decision for months, and that leaving Timmins and his elected position in the community was not easy not an easy one to make.

“To leave family and friends, an elected position, a fulfilling job, and a place I was proud to call home was not an easy task. It's been a great opportunity to serve on council; a position that enabled me to express what I believed to be right for our great city, as well help residents with their concerns along the way,” said a visibly emotional Grzela at a press conference called inside the mayor's office.

“I thank the residents of Timmins and not just the people who supported me and my views. The people who opposed me and my decisions made me work harder to ensure that I was able to explain the rationale behind those decisions, which proved to be a valuable exercise.

“The City with the Heart of Gold will always be near and dear to my heart.”

Although he will be leaving the city in January, Grzela says he plans to make the trip back to Timmins to take part in the Stars and Thunder event on Canada Day. He also invites anyone from Timmins to come visit him at his new business, Beachcomber Hot Tubs, in Orleans.

Mayor Steve Black said that he and the remaining members of the city council are sad to see Grzela go.

“We are disappointed to lose councillor Grzela as a member of our team. He has been a strong advocate for the community, for residents of all ages, and really, a champion of the areas where this council is focuses: developing the community for the future and making sure Timmins remains a great place to live,” said Black.

The unexpected departure of Grzela from city council leaves the seat for Ward 1 empty with almost two years to go before the next municipal election scheduled to take place in the fall of 2018.

Mayor Black said the city council will call a special meeting next week to discuss their options for filling the seat. According to the law, can either call a by-election for Ward 1 or council could appoint someone to fill the seat until the next regular election.

The mayor appeared to personally favour the latter option, noting that a by-election would cost a great amount of money and that there was precedent in the council's past for appointing a new councillor instead.

“That's a decision the council will have to make as a group, and the time line for that will depend on which option they choose,” the mayor explained. “A by-election would obviously take longer since there would need to be time for candidates to present themselves and a period for campaigning.”

When asked if his business plans could have waited until the end of his elected term, Grzela said that the opportunity in the market he and his family are hoping to exploit couldn't wait.

“It was now or never. The market is where it is now, and it's only a matter of time before someone else sees it. So as far as I am concerned the time is now,” he said.

Grzela's departure comes at a tumultuous time for city council where there have been extremely heated disagreements between members of the council about what direction to take the city. As they go forward without them, Grzela said those disagreements don't necessarily have to be disruptive.

“We have a tremendously diverse council, and I think that is, at times, a good thing. If we had only like-minded people around that table, not a lot of challenges can come from that,” he said. “Keeping an open mind is the best thing I can say because we are so different around that table.”

He doesn't think the conflicts in council will dissuade anyone who wants to replace him from seeking the seat.

Besides leaving his position at city council, Grzela's has also resigned from his job working in constituency office for the local MPP Gilles Bisson.

http://www.timminspress.com/2016/12/15/ ... councillor

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Of course the mayor and council will want to appoint someone. It will be interesting to see which puppet they install.

I hope to God that it's not Gary Scripnick.

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:49 pm

So much for IM IN eh?

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post by Budgetman » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 pm

i nominate John
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [panic

JosephMcCarthy

Post by JosephMcCarthy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:25 am

Last time this happened was in 2002 when Dennis Welin passed away and they appointed Bill Boychuk.

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:06 am

Todd Lever Facebook
STRANGER THAN FICTION

Please excuse my flabbergastery.

Councillor André Grzela of NDP origin (he works at Gilles Bisson's Constituency office on Wilson) and Mayor Steven Black of PC origin (with my deepest condolences to my good PC friends who continue to suffer the stain from his PC candidacy) barely able to contain their giddiness at a press conference where Grzela announces he is moving to Ottawa to open a hot tub business - WTF!

Evidently, the recent polar air blast has been too much for Delicate Andre that he has chosen to uproot his family and move to Ottawa.

TRUTH ALERT - Grzela's wife works in the HR department at the City of Timmins. This fact neatly explains his aversion to anything remotely resembling a critical comment at His Terdship Mayor Steven Black.

NOT A COINCIDENCE ALERT - so Delicate Andre is moving to Ottawa at the same time as Charlie Angus weighing his options at running for the leadership of the NDP.

Anus has already made his decision to run for the leadership.

The national media are calling Angus him the Bernie Sanders of Canada and are in love with the idea of a punkrock bleeding heart northerner who champions indigenous rights. Delicate Andre and Angus will make a wonderful pair in Ottawa.

Locally, the ball is now in his Terdship Mayor Steven Black's court. City council has two options - have a by election or appoint a Councillor to serve out the rest of this Council term.

These types of announcements never come out of the blue. Black and Grzela already have a replacement in mind.

There is no chance that Black will support a by election. He will say that a by election will cost the taxpayers too much money and either appoint former Councillor Gary Scripnick, or one of the Ward 1 also rans who he will have already tapped to take the seat.

There is another option. If enough residents show up for Monday's Council meeting and demand a by-election be held, the spineless Councillors (initials NR, PB, AM, and the venerable MD) will be so shaken that they will collapse and vote for a by election.

See you at The City of Timmins Council chambers on Monday. I will be there and do my best to not heckle or get ejected by the Timmins Police!

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:34 am

[snicker

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:15 am

Todd Lever obviously needs to be hauled off to the nearest asylum. He's lost his mind. Maybe we might get the help he needs.

[burble

and as John would say.......IMO of course.
Last edited by DenBen on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: So it shows it's edited - crappy forum software

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Lever should start a Timmins conspiracy/humour/fake news site. lol

I actually enjoy his posts because they are so off the wall. I'm tired of reading Facebook posts on those pages where people just complain and repeat themselves so much. As for questioning a person's mental health, that's not my job.

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Runner up to Grzela. Veronica Farrell gets the nod.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Loco101 wrote:Lever should start a Timmins conspiracy/humour/fake news site. lol

I actually enjoy his posts because they are so off the wall. I'm tired of reading Facebook posts on those pages where people just complain and repeat themselves so much. As for questioning a person's mental health, that's not my job.
Interesting viewpoint. I'm just giving my opinion about the last thing. It's not a diagnosis.

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:38 am

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:59 am

Ok, this was filmed at Cedar Meadows, isn't Steve Black girlfriend a Lafleur ? And Black and Lever are like fire and water, really not getting this. [think

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:22 am

Odd. Also, I have noticed his Lafleur chick has not been joined to his hip in pics lately. Trouble in paradise?

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 am

Yep, he's switching parties and asking Richard Lafleur to support his leadership, this is so strange. [giggle

Riskynet

Post by Riskynet » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:40 am

I think we need to start a new thread just on Mr. Lever. [uhuh

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:37 pm

DenBen wrote:
Loco101 wrote:Lever should start a Timmins conspiracy/humour/fake news site. lol

Interesting viewpoint. I'm just giving my opinion about the last thing. It's not a diagnosis.
[snicker

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:41 pm

Riskynet wrote:Ok, this was filmed at Cedar Meadows, isn't Steve Black girlfriend a Lafleur ? And Black and Lever are like fire and water, really not getting this. [think
I'm not sure if they are together anymore from what I have heard. It doesn't matter to me politically.

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:17 am

Riskynet wrote:Ok, this was filmed at Cedar Meadows, isn't Steve Black girlfriend a Lafleur ? And Black and Lever are like fire and water, really not getting this. [think
Probably because Cedar Meadows is one of the few "Hoity-toity" places in town. IMO, of course.

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:37 pm

DenBen wrote:
Probably because Cedar Meadows is one of the few "Hoity-toity" places in town. IMO, of course.
Well my wife and I had dinner there Thursday night. LOL We are elitists of course.... [giggle

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:12 pm

[whistle

Also,

$$$$$$$$$$$

Loco101

Post by Loco101 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:45 am

[rofl

Budgetman
Admin
Admin

Post by Budgetman » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:07 pm

ugh if he wins pc leadership i will have to switch to the ndp [panic
[watch
Image I say my opinion if its good bad or other, Just like you I have the right to voice it.
if you get paid minimum wage, it's like your boss saying i'd pay you less but its illegal
John Stalks me!!!!! [panic

DenBen
VIP
VIP

Post by DenBen » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:39 pm

[2faint

Head Honcho
Admin
Admin

Post by Head Honcho » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Loco101 wrote:
I'm not sure if they are together anymore from what I have heard. It doesn't matter to me politically.
I was just wondering that the other day, haven't seen them in online pics for quite awhile.

Social Media