Forum rules
Mr. Rogers

Kidd Creek employees mine major support for United Way campaign

Post #1 by Mr. Rogers » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 pm

[b]Kidd Creek employees mine major support for United Way campaign [/b]

[b]Xstrata Copper matches staff donation to give total of more than $25,000[/b]

[b]By The Daily Press[/b]

[b]Posted 2 hours ago[/b]

The Porcupine United Way received a large donation on behalf of both the employees of Xstrata Copper’s Kidd Operations along with a corporate match from Xstrata Copper.

The donation program, kicked off in September with the annual breakfast, marked the 40th edition of Kidd Operations’ United Way donation program.

The employee donation of $12,765.75 was matched by Xstrata Copper to make a total donation of $25,532 to benefit the Timmins community.

“For more than 40 years, our employees have generously contributed to the United Way campaign,” said General Manager of Xstrata Copper Kidd Operations, Tom Semadeni in a press release. “Our employees and contractors are active in our community, participating in its development and supporting organizations that improve our quality of life.”

The money was donated through employee pledges, fundraising barbecues and special draws for prizes like private parking spaces.

Over the past 40 years, the generous donations made by employees of Kidd operations have totalled $190,000.

[url]http://www.thedailypress.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3462346[/url]

Carrie

Post #2 by Carrie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:16 am

[wow Way to go... Nice to see a big group of employees donating to a good cause!

Social Media

Return to “The Good "Guys"”